The official hotel for NSL 2010 is the Comfort Inn, 1020 S. White Sands Blvd. A block of 50 rooms has been set aside for NSL at a rate of $68 per night. The number to call for reservations is 575-434-4200. The block of rooms with the special NSL discount rate will only be available through April 30. After that, the hotel's regualr rates apply, and you will have to compete with the general public for room reservations. There are several other activities going on in Alamogordo over Memorial Day Weekend in addition to NSL, so you would be wise to make your room reservations now while you still can .
The official RV park for NSL 2010 is the Boot Hill RV Resort, 7345 U.S. 54/70 (approx. 4 miles north of Alamogordo and 7 miles from launch site. ). For right now we are getting their regular rates. If we get enough NSL participants staying there, they will give us a discount.
The RV park has a great enclosed pavilion for rocket prep and free WiFi as well. Very Clean. The number to make reservations is 575-439-6224. Let the reservationist know you are a National Sport Launch participant. Rates: Based on 2 persons: ($3 each additional person) $25 for 30 amp full hook-up, $28 50 amp full hook-up. Boot Hill will also more than likely be having a local band concert (most likely country music) at the pavilion on Friday night May 28th.
On Site Camping will be permitted, but be advised that there are no RV hookups at the launch range.
Other Area Hotels
- Alamogordo-Days Inn | $69.29 - $79.96
- 907 S. White Sands Blvd. Alamogordo, NM 88310-7249
- Alamogordo Super 8 Motel | $59.99 - $65.99
- 3204 North White Sands, Alamogordo, NM 88310
- Best Western Desert Aire Hotel | $85.99 - $88.99
- 1021 S. White Sands Boulevard, Alamogordo, NM 88310
- Hampton Inn | $101.00 - $119.0
- 1295 Hamilton Rd., Alamogordo, NM 88310
- Holiday Inn Express Alamogordo | $85.99 - $88.99
- 1401 S. White Sands Blvd., Alamogordo, NM 88310
- Motel 6 | $39.99
- 251 Panorama, Alamogordo, NM 88310
- Quality Inn – Alamogordo | $69.99 – 89.99
RV/Camping areas around Alamogordo:
- Oliver Lee State Park Approx 13 Miles from launch site. Tent and RV sites $8/night for tents and $14/Night for electric/water RV sites.
- Sugar Pines RV Park in Cloudcroft.
Food & Dining
The launch site food vendor will be Jesse's KCBBQ. Jesse offers breakfast burritos in addition to his regular menu items, and has recently added hot links to his menu selections. For after hours dining, there are numerous restaurants located in Alamogordo, ranging from fast food to buffets to order-off-the-menu establishments. Most of these are located along or within a few blocks of White Sands Boulevard.
Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center, 2669 Scenic Dr., is a Level III trauma center. It has 99 beds on a 65-acre site and has facilities for MRI, CAT scan, dialysis, and sleep disorder studies, as well as a medical laboratory on site. A Southwest Med Evac air ambulance helicopter, stationed full time at the hospital, is used to transport patients from the mountain areas to GCRMC, and to transport patients from GCRMC to hospitals in El Paso, Las Cruces, and Albuquerque.